Monday, October 25, 2010

Head Sketch Practice



I have had the privilege of sitting down and getting to know amazing artist Dennis Lewis.  He is a phenomenal artist and art instructor.  Check his blog out under my skillful artists section. He sent me on my way after our awesome meeting with a mind full of useful tips and tricks of the trade.  He also let me borrow a book that has changed my outlook on drawing the human head.  I learned a lot while in college but feel this book has helped me further my skills.  The book is called, "The Artist's Complete Guide to Drawing The Head," by William L. Maughan.  Although I have noticed many mistakes, I have posted some of my early sketches I have worked on while reading this book.  I have also posted the cover of what the book looks like.  Thank you so much to the Amazing Dennis Lewis!  Im excited its Halloween Week and I have a lot in store with dance, drawing, and dressing up!  Until next time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great! Is that Selena?

Miguel Wilson said...

Hi Pablo! Thanks a lot. Yeah that is supposed to be Selena.