Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The End of an Amazing Dance Season



A week ago the dance season came to an end in Las Vegas, Nevada! I had so much fun watching all of my dance students compete and spending quality time with my friends and family.  My Ninja Quest production number took first place their first day at the competition with a score of 299/300.  Wow! They next moved on to the Gala (Showcase) where the best of the best go head to head for overall first place.  Out of 92 teams only 8 from each day make it to the gala night.  Ninja Quest made it and ended up taking 5th place.  I am so proud of all my students/dancers.  Great job to them!









I have also promised to show early concept quick sketches of costume designs I did for Ninja Quest and also another sweet production number called, Tap Band.  I have posted images of my sketches along with photos of myself with some of my amazing dance students backstage at our recital.  It was really inspiring and enlightening to see my concept sketches come to life as actual costumes.  I had a lot of fun this whole dance season teaching at The Dance Studio of Fresno.

No comments: